Saturday, September 26, 2020

Short story number 2

The Greatest Criminal

Every morning, dark marks were there on the kitchen step. What were they? How had they got there? I decided to investigate the mystery.
                          For the past week continuously there were black marks on the stairs to the kitchen hardly recognised as toe marks. All the people in the house claimed that this weren't their's. I as one of the biggest admirers of the great Sherlock Holmes decided to investigate the dilemma at hand. I enquired to everyone that who was the last person spotted lurking around the kitchen area.
 Everyone had different names to pull out but all of them stated that nothing had been lost or rather stolen from the kitchen. By the nature of the marks I concluded that the black marks were print of someones foot who climbed the chimney wall. I thoroughly inspected the chimneys and found out nothing has been stolen yet someone constantly climbed that wall for a reason. People around me were starting to be scared and believe that the prints were the symbol of ghosts. Anything a man can't describe, he name them paranormal. But I was determined to solve it even it is paranormal. 
By the size of the print I noted that the print belonged to a teenager as no adult in my house can walk on their toes certainly for not that long. But my assumptions didn't gave me any conclusive suspects. As there were about 5 teenagers at the time of these so called paranormal activities excluding myself. But the investigation couldn't find the culprit and no one knew who did it. 
But I knew yet I can't apprehend him because it was me and my urge to do something thrilling in lockdown made me do it. Yet nobody can catch me because "I may be a great investigator but I am more a great criminal."

No comments:

Post a Comment